Spring 2013 Mentors
We do all we can to gather the best of the entertainment industry and are so excited to present our SPRING 2013 mentors!
All of our mentors are working professionals, so we remind you that if you see someone you’d like to work with, be sure to apply! Our mentor’s schedules are constantly shifting, so it may be a few years before they come back for another round. So don’t miss your opportunity.
Here are a few tips and tricks for those applying:
– Treat your application short answers like college essays. Really take time to gather your thoughts and present them cohesively. Your essays make a big impact on your overall application.
– If you’re interested in various areas of the entertainment industry such as character design, visual development, and storyboarding, we suggest you have separate portfolios. When you put all these areas into one portfolio, we call it a ‘shot gun’ portfolio. It tends to show a lack of focus instead of passion for one area. So create different pages on your website or links for your various areas of interest.
– Say you’re interested in visual development and we’re offering 3-4 mentors in that area. Most people tend to apply to the mentors based off name recognition. However, we strongly encourage you to read all the profiles and backgrounds of all our mentors in that field. You’ll find some hidden gems you didn’t even consider!
– You can apply to more than one mentor in the same field. If you’re chosen to be a mentee by more than one mentor, you have the option to take on both, or just one.
– Simply apply! More often than not, people don’t apply because they don’t think they’re good enough. We completely understand; we’ve been there. But as we like to say, “Luck is when opportunity meets preparation.” We’re giving you an opportunity. All you have to do is apply and see what happens!
When applications open up, we’ll do another post about the amazing work that our last mentees accomplished. In addition, we’ll be doing our mentor of the day posts again too. Stay tuned!
Applications will be accepted January 7, 2013 – February 2, 2013